Wednesday, July 18, 2018

"Thank you, personal trainers, for getting paid to count to ten."

Recently a group fitness instructor sent me a video of animation whereby the trainer is counting up and down to 10 while the client is doing his push-ups. The video titled  "Thank you, personal trainers, for getting paid to count to ten" appears in  The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.
I do not know what is the intention of the instructor who send me the link but I thought I have to speak on behalf of personal trainers who often get unrecognised among celebrity trainers or group fitness instructors.
No our clients do not just pay us to just count to 10 or count backwards. We get paid for the time we take outside the training time to study our clients' goals in health and fitness.
We get paid to update our knowledge on fitness related matters so that we do not end up like dinosaurs.
We almost blur the line being a counsellor, a rehab therapist, a healer, a sports nutritionist, mentor etc...
The investment we put in our own education > what we earn from training clients. At least it is true for me.
Keeping myself updated in the fitness world!
I get it we are not on stage performing in front of a huge crowd.
Trying out some home workouts that I have planned for my client.
 We transform one body and one spirit one at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

https://fitnessbydesignsg.wordpress.com/2019/09/17/the-not-so-perfect-nutrition-for-new-mamas/